Table of Contents
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- HOW WE WILL CONTACT YOU
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- WE OPERATE IN THE UNITED STATES AND ISRAEL
- HOW TO CONTACT US
This Policy is integrated into our Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms and Conditions”).
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may collect the following types of personal data about you when you visit our Services which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, and (B) information we may automatically collect (collectively, “Information”).
A. Information You Provide to Us
When you do choose to provide us with Information, we may collect contact information such as name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. text), postal address, interests, and telephone numbers. We may also collect payment and transaction information including credit or bank card information if you purchase an item through our https://shop.jnf.org/ website. If you apply to the Alexander Muss High School in Israel through our https://www.amhsi.org/ website, we may additionally collect resume information, such as current place of employment, education, and affiliations, and other information that we tell you we are collecting.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us diagnose problems with our server, administer our Services, analyze trends, track visitors’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Services, and deliver customized, personalized content. This Information may include:
- IP address. This is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider).
- Web Beacons. Pages of our websites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Jewish National Fund, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Analytics. Analytics are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our websites and use of our websites, which Google may share with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having your activity on the websites made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser.
- Mobile Application Technologies. If you access the websites through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location. You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (“Social Media Platforms”), in accordance with your privacy settings on those Social Media Platforms, to help us provide our Services to you.
With your consent, we may access Information including, but not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your list of contacts, friends or followers, and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use and process Information you voluntarily provide to support our organization. This may include responding to your questions, providing you with information you request, and communicating with you to support your use of our Services such as sending you our newsletter, fulfilling your orders, resolving technical problems, and improving your overall user experience. We may also need to use your Information to comply with applicable laws, comply with our Terms & Conditions or respond to lawful requests. We may disclose anonymized aggregated information about our users, that does not identify any individual, without any restriction.
III. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share your Information for commercial, marketing, or any similar purpose. However, we may need to share your Information with trusted third parties in order to provide you with the Services or to comply with our legal obligations in the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as collection of donations, fulfillment of orders, providing products and services, managing databases, providing customer service, or sending communications for us by email, text message or other means). These third-party service providers are responsible for keeping your Information confidential and are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In limited instances, third-party service providers may obtain authorization from us to use Information in order to provide their services (i.e., usage analysis and product development), but not for marketing purposes.
- Third-Party Charitable Partners. We may share your Information, such as name, email, phone, and postal address, with Jewish National Fund affiliates, or other third-party not-for-profit organizations to further our charitable mission (“Third-Party Charitable Partners”). Our Third-Party Charitable Partners will only receive your Information with your consent.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice in certain circumstances:
- When required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process;
- To cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit;
- To perform a contract, including e-commerce transactions in which you purchase a service from us;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information);
- To carry out a user’s request;
- To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, and partners, and the website Service users;
- To enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and
- To verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- With Your Consent. If you give us consent to share your Information for certain reasons, we may share it in accordance with that consent.
IV. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
V. INFORMATION SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Services. All information provided to Jewish National Fund is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Services that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Jewish National Fund. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly contact us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
VI. DATA RETENTION
After the Services are provided, your Information will be destroyed pursuant to our record retention policies unless you voluntarily agree to let us maintain and store your Information. We will store and maintain your Information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
VII. HOW WE WILL CONTACT YOU
We may communicate with you over email, text message, or phone call if you voluntarily sign up to be contacted by us, such as signing up to receive our email newsletter or other information that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive communications from Jewish National Fund, you may opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email or using the information in the How to Contact Us section below to request removal.
VIII. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
We do not target our Services, including our websites, to minors who are under the age of thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable). To register and create an account with the Services, you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age. You agree that you are not under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect or process any information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such information. Contact us below if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a person under the age of thirteen (13).
IX. WE OPERATE IN THE UNITED STATES AND ISRAEL
Our Services are operated in the United States and Israel, and your Information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States or Israel. Please be aware that Information, including personal data, that we collect will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the U.S., a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage, or use.
X. HOW TO CONTACT US
42 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021 USA
WeWork c/o Jewish National Fund-USA
King George St 20
Jerusalem, Israel 9426208
Last Updated: August 30, 2022